Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My new bag phone


Well, how many of you even remember what a bag phone is to get the joke? (Steve came up with that by the way.) Anyway, it has been a hard month for me and electronics. I am learning the rules on mixing motorcycles and mobile devices. Obviously, Sony doesn't make as tough of a product as Apple although I don't know how the iphone would withstand an impact at 50mph. I would be willing to do the testing for them though. I do know now what happens to a Walkman phone when you put it in your pocket and ride your bike though. I can't say that it is knowledge I wanted to have, but it is a lesson I won't soon forget. I am now using Steve's old flip phone that doesn't have bluetooth or cool rings or anything. It is humbling. Especially when I was subbing at the high school this week and even though I was hiding the phone in my pocket one of the kids loudly says "Miss, where's your slider? 'Cause that ain't your slider in your pocket!" It was fun to have a phone that impressed teenagers. I've never had one of those. I'm hoping that with a little super glue and duct tape Steve will be able to have it as good as new. If not, I may have to resort to ebay because I would have to sub four days to buy it new since I'm not due for an upgrade. Sucks to be me!

1 comment:

Michellem said...

Remember when we were at the Louvre (don't ya just love that I can type that?!) and you bought what Steve called a "Sad A** Shirt"? You now possess a "Sad A** Phone" to go with it - the perfect accessory!!